A little bit of everything in this skillet, because it’s summertime and we need every single colour represented on the plate for as many meals as possible!!! I went to a grocery store with a certain recipe in mind but ended up picking up a couple of additions because everything cooks down in this recipe apart from the potatoes which hold the fort up so it is definitely open to interpretation!
The roasted cherry tomatoes were a final minute addition since the oven on at 450 degrees felt like a waste only for the last 5 minutes of the skillet to cook the eggs, so I threw in some cherry tomatoes to soften before the skillet went in! Does that ever happen to you – When the oven is on for only one dish you feel the need to roast other things?!
And serve with my Chia Seed Pudding on the side and a berry compote, because berries are in season!
- ¾ pound potatoes of choice, cut into chunks of your liking (Not too large as they won't cook evenly)
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, Divided
- 2 Cups Sliced Brussels Sprouts (Around 15 medium pieces)
- 2 Cups Kale Leaves, Ribbon-ed or finely chopped
- 1 Large Onion, Finely sliced
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms, White or Brown Button
- ⅓ Cup Minced Parsley, Divided
- 1-2 Tsp Hot Sauce (Whatever you have on hand - I used Thai Chilli Paste! Sriracha, Tabasco etc will work as well)
- 4 Eggs (Or more if serving more people, adjust and make wells accordingly)
- 1 pack of Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- ⅓ Cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Once oven is heated, put cherry tomatoes on a roasting pan and into the oven to slow roast whilst you prepare rest of dish
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with salted water and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes after coming to a boil until potatoes are barely tender. Drain potatoes in a colander and let drain for 2 minutes.
- Heat 2 Tbsp vegetable oil in a 12 Inch Cast Iron Skillet over high heat until simmering (If your skillet is smaller, scale the ingredients down slightly)
- Add in the drained potatoes and season with salt & pepper, toss occasionally to brown all sides of pieces
- Add the remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and add in the kale and brussels sprouts and mushrooms, folding occasional as kale wilts and mushrooms release water and dry out.
- Add in the onions and continue to cook, tossing and folding everything around until vegetables are softened.
- Add in half the parsley and hot sauce and toss again, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove Skillet from heat and create wells in your vegetable medley accordingly to how many eggs you plan to serve
- Drizzle a few drops of olive oil into each well and crack in the eggs
- Top eggs with salt and pepper and place skillet into the oven until eggs are cooked to your liking. I suggest around 5 minutes so as to keep yolks runny.
- Remove cherry tomatoes and top skillet with as many as you like, serving the rest on the side
- Top skillet with Crumbled Feta and remaining parsley and serve!