This recipe is a keeper! People won’t even know it’s chickpea flour, it’s gluten free and also GUILT FREE (basically) BANANA BREAD!!!
Like all Banana Bread, don’t overmix the batter and don’t over cook it or you will lose the MOISTness and then you won’t be able to use that word…”MOIST”!
Add additions as you please and enjoy!
- ¼ cup butter or Coconut oil, melted (If none available, Olive or Vegetable oil will work just fine)
- 11/2 cups chickpea flour (Besan)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Fine Sea Salt/Kosher Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup Sweetner (Brown Sugar/Honey/Maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Semi-Sweet or Dark)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray the loaf pan with oil/butter or line Parchment paper overhanging and grease as needed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, sugar, and melted butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just blended. Don't overmix!
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and any other optional additions
- Pour batter into greased pan
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and cool.