Normal pancakes seem too indulgent for everyday, and banana ‘protein’ pancakes just weren’t fluffy enough so after a trip to Whole Foods and an impulse buy of Chickpea Flour to mimic my Grandma’s delicious ‘Besan Cheela’ savoury indian breakfast pancake, I decided to try it for regular pancakes and it worked like MAGIC!
The inside was pretty magical…!
Served it with Honey and Coconut Yogurt to keep it healthy!
You know I can’t resist taking a picture of my food with a view…!
It takes some trial and error to perfect pancakes – Once you get the recipe down it takes practice to cooking them to the right colour without burning them or under cooking them so they aren’t photogenic enough (true story…)!
- ½ Cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Yogurt/Kefir
- 1 Mashed Banana, Medium Ripe
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Pinch of Salt
- Butter/Oil for greasing (I used TJ's Coconut OIl Spray)
- Whisk together all the incredients - the flour, egg, baking soda, mashed banana, Yogurt, Salt and water until smooth and the clumps are gone
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat with some butter or oil
- Scoop ¼ batter into the pan in silver dollar circles
- Cook until the edges firm up and bubbles come through the batter.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 30 seconds or until the other side has set
- Repeat until you run out of batter!
- Serve warm with butter/yogurt/honey/maple syrup/fruit/whatever you want!!!